Dectomax® Injection & Safe-Guard® Dewormer Block
DECTOMAX® Injectable Solution controls more parasite species and larval stages than any other injectable parasite control product.* DECTOMAX Injectable Solution is indicated for the treatment and control of gastrointestinal roundworms, lungworms, eyeworms, grubs (see precautions), sucking lice and mange mites. Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism.
- In stocker trials, DECTOMAX Injectable controlled parasites to outgain injectable ivermectin with clorsulon or ivermectin by up to 26 pounds.1
- Preweaned calves treated with DECTOMAX Injectable before they went to summer pasture gained 28 pounds more than untreated calves (p = .05) by the time they were weaned.2
DECTOMAX Injectable Solution is approved for:
- The treatment and control of internal and external parasites of cattle.
- For use in beef cattle, including pregnant cows, newborn calves and bulls.
- The control of the following harmful species of gastrointestinal roundworms, lungworms, eyeworms, grubs (see precautions), sucking lice and mange mites. Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism.
- DECTOMAX Injectable solution has been proven to effectively control infections and protect cattle from reinfection with Cooperia punctata, Oesophagostomum radiatum and Dictyocaulus viviparus for 28 days, Ostertagia ostertagi for 21 days and Cooperia oncophora and Haemonchus placei for 14 days after treatment.
- DECTOMAX Injectable solution has extended activity—up to 21 days—against Ostertagia ostertagi, one of the most damaging internal parasites. Controlling infection over an extended period delays accumulation of adult worms, subsequently reducing the number of parasite eggs shed onto pasture.
- No other single injectable product controls a broader spectrum of internal and external parasites as DECTOMAX—including 36 stages of adult parasites, L4 larvae and inhibited larvae.
- DECTOMAX® Injectable Solution is a ready-to-use, colorless to pale yellow, sterile solution containing 1% w/v doramectin (10 mg/mL). In cattle, DECTOMAX is formulated to deliver the recommended dosage (200 mcg/kg of body weight) when given by subcutaneous (SC) or intramuscular (IM) injection at the rate of 1 mL/110 lb of body weight.
- As an injectable solution, DECTOMAX offers precision dosing.
- DECTOMAX is a tissue-friendly injectable solution that can be administered by subcutaneous (SC) or intramuscular (IM) injection in the neck region. The recommended route is via SQ injection to minimize the risk of injection-site blemishes and is in accord with Beef Quality Assurance guidelines.
Safe-Guard (fenbendazole) En-Pro-Al Molasses Deworming Supplement Block (Medicated) is designed for deworming pastured cattle by feeding these medicated blocks for three days only as the sole source of salt.
For the removal and control of:
- Stomach worms (adults and fourth stage larvae)
- Brown stomach worm
- Intestinal worms (adults and fourth stage larvae)
- Thread-necked intestinal worm
- Small intestinal worms
- Bankrupt worm
- Nodular worms