Safe-Guard® Equi-bits® Horse Wormer
Introducing Safe-Guard Equi-bits (fenbendazole), the alfalfa-based pellet that lets you feed and deworm in a single step. Armed with fenbendazole, the active ingredient in all Safe-Guard products, Equi-bits pellets control large strongyles, small strongyles, pinworms and ascarids. Safe-Guard Equi-bits are safe for horses, including foals and pregnant mares. 1.25 lb bag
- Feed and deworm in a single step with palatable alfalfa-based pellets1
- Controls large strongyles, small strongyles, pinworms and ascarids
- Safe for foals and pregnant mares
- Perfect for weanlings or yearlings on feed or hard-to-paste or hard-to-catch horses
- 5.0 grams per kilogram fenbendazole (2.27 grams per pound)
- The antiparasitic action of Safe-Guard Equi-bits is due to the inhibition of energy metabolism in the parasite
For the control of large strongyles (Strongylus edentatus, S. equinus, S. vulgaris, Triodontophorus spp.), small strongyles (Cyathostomum spp., Cylicocyclus spp., Cylicostephanus spp.), pinworms (Oxyuris equi), and ascarids (Parascaris equorum).
FEEDING DIRECTIONS: The recommended dose is 5 mg fenbendazole per kg body weight (2.27 mg fenbendazole per pound) in a ONE (1) DAY treatment.
For ascarids the recommended dose is 10 mg fenbendazole per kg body weight (4.54 mg fenbendazole per pound) in a ONE (1) DAY treatment.
All horses must be eating normally to ensure that each animal consumes an adequate amount of the medicated feed. Safe-Guard Equi-Bits Top Dress Pellets must be spread uniformly on top of the daily ration.
DO NOT USE IN HORSES INTENDED FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION. Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment and control of parasitism.